I'm not particular in what I'm trying to catch right now. No boat or regimen, just looking for a quiet decent relaxing place to catch some crappie, small mouth or even nice perch. Any Ideas? will be fishing from around noon until late late.... Usually a catfish or hybrid bass fan but for now just wanting a spot to relax and just fish..

Thanks

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 am

Hey Jess ,

been awhile since I have fished hefner as I have not had much success there --can be relaxing though , off peak hours (mon-fri) early mornings and evenings .

I usually go for bass and generally do not stay in one spot too long unless I am getting plenty of bites.

south side of park has plenty of "sit and relax " spots with shade if you need it , check out the dirt roads and find yourself a relaxing spot .

west side of lake --near golf course not bad for catfish and occasionally bass when the channel is open and water is flowing in from overholser --around fishing piers not bad for bass around structure early morning , late evening . have had some success early mornings near the lake patrol station next to the public dock --using topwater buzzers and spinners .

north side of lake (drive the perimeter road) when you see rocks your on the dam side --hit or miss depending on weather conditions --find a spot on the rocks and have at it --not much cover though ,

east side --usually best to go up hefner parkway and goto mama roja's mexican restaurant parking area ---and park --walk to the lighthouse area and post up on the rocks facing the boats in the marina there --people seem to always be catching fish there .
on a variety of baits and tackle.

Hope this helps ,

peace,

scoobyxi

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 11:52 am

OK Fish Finder

Social Links